Bike Tour Amsterdam: Discover Amsterdam’s hidden gems with a local guide
Bike Tour Amsterdam, Canals, Street Art, Architecture, and History.
Discover our favorite hidden gems in Amsterdam with a local guide on our bike tour. Explore the road less traveled and see Amsterdam’s street art, canals, and architecture – both old and new. Amsterdam is known for its biking culture and alternative art scene. Our half-day bike tour is a great way to experience all this in a fun group setting.
Bike Tour Amsterdam Highlights
- Biking on safe, quiet roads.
- Visit to an old shipyard known for its street art.
- Biking along the Amsterdam canal houses on undiscovered roads.
- Visit a forgotten part of the Canal District with several drawbridges
- Ferry ride to the alternative art scene of Amsterdam North.
- High-quality bikes included.
- Your local guide will share their personal anecdotes and are selected for their social skills
- And in one of Amsterdams famous micro breweries and taste some of the best beers.
Local Expert Guide
Small Group Size
Quality Bikes on Quiet Roads
- Price: 45 Euro
- Meeting point: Watertorenplein 6, in front of the white water tower next to Cafe Restaurant Amsterdam.
- Season and days: Our season runs from March – Oktober almost every day. If a certain day is not available for you, please reach out to inquire about arranging a private tour.
- High-quality bike
- Local, fun, knowledgeable guide
- An amazing beer in our favorite Microbrewery at the end of the tour
- Rain Jackets in case of rain
- Note: Helmets are not required for this tour
- Duration: 3,5 hours
- Distance: 10 to 12 kilometers (6 to 7 miles)
- What to bring: Appropriate clothing, water, snacks in case you need extra energy.
- Groupsize: Maximum 12 people
- Contact us for questions
Explore Hidden Gems by Bicycle at the Amsterdam Bike Tour
Amsterdam and bicycles go hand in hand. Biking is a crucial part of the city’s—and the country’s—culture. It’s an activity that any visitor ought to take part in if they want to feel the Amsterdam culture wholeheartedly. On this tour, we venture through the lesser-known parts of the city.
Experience the Amsterdam Culture and Architecture on a Fun and Relaxing Bike Ride with a local guide
By traveling through the non-touristy parts of Amsterdam, you’ll witness a side of the city that many travelers don’t get to see.
We start our tour next the historical pumping station that used to provide the city with fresh drinking water. Today’s it is Cafe Restaurant Amsterdam, easy to find next to a massive, one-of-its kind water tower.
After meeting your guide and getting your bike, you ride straight into the quaint Westerpark. You’ll have the opportunity to get comfortable cycling, while enjoying the stories of your local guide. Next, we make our way to a rather unknown area behind the train tracks. Because traffic is very limited and the houses are from the 17th century, you truly feel part of ancient Amsterdam.
We continue our adventure into the historic canal district where you’ll bike along picturesque canals, classic drawbridges, and countless canal houses – some more crooked than the other. You’ll find out how the Dutch had mastered the art of tax-evasion years ago. Your guide will take you back to the starting location, but not before sharing all sorts of quirky stories and personal anecdotes. Be sure to ask 😉
Extended version (includes drink at a local bar)
The extended version of the Hidden Gem Tour is our personal favorite. We take a ferry to the north side of the city – known for its alternative counter culture. This former shipyard is now home to street artists whose work you can enjoy from the street. The area is a playground for any artist which is evident from the numerous art studios that are present. We continue to the architectural masterpiece of the Dutch Film Institute Netherlands, right across the water from central station. We take the ferry and continue to the canal district as described above.
At the end of the bike tour, we’ll wind up at one of the city’s hippest local microbreweries, Troost. Here, we enjoy one of ten craft brews on tap , and a tasty Dutch snack!
Bike experience and safety
For your Amsterdam Bike Tour, we provide a bike of any size. Safety is a top priority so we have picked a quiet route with plenty of room for maneuvering. However, some biking experience is required for this tour. Helmets are not required for this tour, so your hair stays in shape. The guide starts the tour with instructions on how to navigate through traffic safely.
Book the Hidden Gems Bike Tour
Stop looking further for a bike tour. I’ve taken three bike tours in Amsterdam and several in other cities and all the others pale in comparison with the Hidden Gems Tour of Stephan.
He manages to get everything with a good mood with his enthusiasm. He is really passionate about what he is doing and it pays of. Best bike tour ever.